6. February 2017 00:49
An error occurred during download: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find the specified file
This exception may occur while the release trying to download the build artifacts which has long path.
Reduce the length of the path and try again
5. February 2017 21:51
- Install Release Management Utility tasks extension
- Write a PS script to capture the tasks execution result in a XML file
Note: Sample script to get the tasks execution result is available at Release Management Utility tasks extension site.
- Add “Deploy: PowerShell for rollback” task and configure the task to execute the above mentioned PS script.
Add "Deploy: Windows Machine File Copy" task and configure the task to copy the generated XML file to deployment\target server(s)
- Write a PowerShell script to parse the generated XML file and perform the rollback activates based on the tasks execution result.
- Add "Deploy: PowerShell on Target Machines" task and configure the task to execute the above mentioned PS script on deployment\target server(s)
Note: Make sure you enable “Run Always” control option for the mentioned tasks.
5. February 2017 21:42
PS D:\> Start-ScheduledTask -TaskName SynchronizeTime
Start-ScheduledTask : The system cannot find the file specified.
At line:1 char:1
+ Start-ScheduledTask Update-MyHelp -Starttings $s
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (PS_ScheduledTask:Root/Microsoft/…S_ScheduledTask) [Start-ScheduledTask]
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80070002,Start-ScheduledTask
I got the above exception while working with Scheduled Task Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell.
Adding TaskPath parameter resolved the issue.
PS D:\> $path = (Get-ScheduledTask SynchronizeTime).TaskPath
PS D:\> Start-ScheduledTask -TaskName SynchronizeTime -TaskPath $path
5. January 2017 22:52
1. Open PowerShell console window
2. Execute test-wsman -ComputerName <Remote Computer Name>
1. December 2016 02:39
For the agents configured with build account
http-cache: C:\Users\<BUILD ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\NuGet\v3-cache
packages-cache: C:\Users\<BUILD ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\NuGet\Cache
global-packages: C:\Users\<BUILD ACCOUNT>\.nuget\packages\
temp: C:\Users\xavier.j\AppData\<BUILD ACCOUNT>\Temp\NuGetScratch
For the agents configured with Network Services account
temp: %windir%\ServiceProfiles\AppData\<BUILD ACCOUNT>\Temp\NuGetScratch
20. November 2016 01:40
1. Download the latest Cross-Platform Command-Line Client from the below link
2. Unzip the archive file that contains the client.
3. Configure your shell or system path to include the folder to which you unzipped the archive.
export PATH=$PATH:<Path of the Command-Line client unzipped folder>
4. Save and exit
5. Execute the below command
tf eula -accept
6. At command prompt, type tf, and then press the ENTER key.
7. Set the TF_AUTO_SAVE_CREDENTIALS environment variable to any value, such as "1" to save TFS credentials in the credentials cache. After you set the variable, you do not need to specify authentication information each time that you run a tf command.
8. execute the below command
9. Add the line
10. Save and exit
11. Execute the below command
tf get -login:<User name>,<Password>
28. July 2016 22:36
TF400018: The local version table for local workspace <Box Name;User Name> could not be opened. The workspace version table contains as unknown scheme version.
This error may occur when the local workspace is corrupted
Delete or rename the local workspace cache folder at "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Team Foundation"
21. June 2016 20:47
I got a requirement to add a custom field for initial estimate which is required and should be read only or non editable after creating the work item.
Solution is to add a FROZEN rule along with REQUIRED rule as follow
<FIELD name="Inital Estimate" refname="Custom.InitalEstimate" type="Double" reportable="Measures">
<HELPTEXT>Inital estimate for this task</HELPTEXT>
FROZEN - Prevents users from changing the value of a field once it contains a value. As soon as a user saves the work item with a value in that field, the value can no longer be modified.
REQUIRED - Requires a user to specify a value for the field. Users cannot save a work item until they have assigned values to all required fields.
29. April 2016 08:07
Exception Message: Server was unable to process request. ---> The file exists.
The above exception may occur while saving the work items
Clear the TFS server cache.
29. April 2016 06:37
This error may occur when the Test Controller and Agents runs out disk space. Try to clean up the disk to gain free space or add extra space to the drive.